Do Your brand needs a digital or social media marketing and what’s the difference ?
If we look Digital marketing as the cake in the modern world, the social media is an essential slice of it. But digital marketing and Social Media marketing are not by default the same thing.While social media refers to specific websites, digital marketing on the other hand, can be both our digital marketing materials and the act of marketing ourselves online.
SM Marketing versus Digital Marketing
The differences between social media marketing and digital marketing are elaborated in the following points:
1. Social Media marketing is a type of marketing that uses social media sites, to boost the traffic and increase customer engagement. On the other hand, digital marketing refers to the modern marketing technique, which uses all available and cost-effective electronic channels to promote products or services and increase customer reach.
2. Content is regarded as the king in social media marketing and so the better the content is, the more will be the customer engagement. On the other hand, in digital marketing focuses on the banners, to create an impression on the minds of the customer.
3. With social media marketing, the marketer aims at actively engaging with the social media user. Conversely, digital marketing stresses on reaching the target audience using different channels such as TV, radio, mobile apps, email ads, search ads and so forth.
4. If you compare the speed of a product advertised on social media and digital media, then obviously social media will win as the reach is faster. This is due to an active response of the user, in the form of like, share, comments and statuses, which helps in reaching a larger audience in seconds and so digital media is slower.
Digital marketing channels
Digital marketing is any brand messaging or advertising you do on the internet.
Pay per click advertising
Digital ads – banners
Plus all of social media
Social Media IS a part of Digital Marketing
It appears that Social Media Marketing is often contrasted with digital marketing but they are not the same. SM marketing is just one component of digital marketing, which use social media as a platform to reach customers and build relationships with them.
Not having active social media profiles be seen as of a red flag for consumers. It tells them you’re not accessible and by not being open to publicly communicating with consumers, it might look like you have something to hide.
These are the major channels important to businesses social media marketing:
– Google maps + My Business for a local search
– TripAdvisor – industry specific
– Pinterest and so on
Your customers want you on social media and not just see the ads. They’re trying to have a conversation with your brand, ask questions, review your business and even reach out to your customer service team. Consumers LOVE fun interactions with businesses online, it humanise the brands and since brands aren’t actually people, the more casual and humours interacting creates the sense as if they were.